I cherish my visits back to Kansas City during the holidays. This year it seemed to go way too fast. I was only their for a week and I had so much I wanted to do. We got lucky with the weather and didn't have to battle any snow or ice. Although it would have been nice to have a white Christmas. I started out my visit by having a lovely Hanukkah dinner with my Mom, Colin, Justine, Dave and Mimi. We spent most of the night opening gifts and laughing about how many balls we wanted in our Matzo Ball Soup!!! The next day was a catch up day with the girls. We enjoyed a gift exchange while eating lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. I swear every time we get together it feels like no one has changed. I then spent the evening drinking cafe Garozzo's!! It was delicious http://www.garozzos.com/. The next day we took our nephew to Pump It Up!! We got a great workout http://www.pumpitupparty.com/ and then got ready for Christmas Eve where we went to Church had dinner at J. Gilbert's and headed to the Major's for drinks and laughs. We woke up early on Christmas to open presents and have the family over. We went out for drinks with old high school buddies that night. Sunday we headed out to the Chief's game where we tried not to freeze our booties off as we watched them qualify for the playoffs. Sunday night we had a big dinner at my Dad's house. Monday was spent relaxing and getting ready for Colin's Surprise Party. My Mom and Justine pulled it off perfectly and Colin was very shocked! Tuesday was my last day, I went to lunch with my Mom and spent time catching up with Betty (an old family friend). That night I went to dinner with Cara and spent that night saying my good-byes to family and friends. It was a great holiday trip!

No comments:
Post a Comment