Wednesday, January 26, 2011

KiDS KorNER

I came up with posting a KiDS KorNER every so often to share some stories from my school day! I mean seriously, kids say the darnedest things and I hear them all day long. There have been times when I thought to myself I should really record these comments. Well, the time has come to write a few things down. Now remember I teach four and five year olds so they really do say what they feel with no filter. I of course will not be posting any names attached to these stories, but I think you will enjoy reading some of these:

During play, I observed two little girls on the carpet building a city. One little girl turned to the other as she pick up a house, "Here is where the Four Seasons will be."

As four children were coloring in the morning I overheard one child ask the group, "Are you Jewish or Christmas?" One child responded that she was both, one child said she was Christmas and the other two said they were Jewish.

During circle time on a Monday morning as all the children were sitting on the carpet a little girl raised her hand. She then proceeded to tell everyone, "My Dad was chillin in the hot tub with a beer over the weekend" as the class broke into laughter she added, "and he was naked because he forgot his swimsuit."

Straight from children's mouths!!! Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment