1. Floss More- For some reason I have always been a bad "flosser." I know how good it is for your teeth, but I just can't get myself to do it on a regular basis. It doesn't make sense because I am a stickler for brushing my teeth, washing my face and moisturizing. I tend to floss a lot more before my dentist appointments. It's like I'm scared the Dentist will find out and I will get in trouble. The studies even say that flossing reaps many benefits besides eliminating gum disease, plaque and bad breath. They also say it reduces the risk of heart disease. So, my resolution is to make a point to floss more.
2. Learn to Sweat the Small Stuff- I have a HUGE problem with not letting the small things go. I tend to over analyze, worry, question and harp on the small things in life. I have a hard time making up my mind and making simple decisions. So, when I do decide on something I tend to second guess myself. I have to work on letting things go and moving on. I think it will help me live more stress-free!
3. Take Time to Realize How Lucky and Fortunate I am- I feel like I don't take enough time to thank God for all that I have as well as the people around me. I have a loving family that I am lucky to be able to visit on a regular occasion. I have a wonderful husband that tells me how much he loves me everyday. I have a great job in a rocky economy and I'm lucky to get summers and holidays off. I have a roof over my head and car to get me from place to place. Most importantly I have my health! I want to take time everyday to reflect and be thankful for all I have.
4. Experiment in the Kitchen- This past year I have broken out the cook books and started cooking a lot more. This year I want to take more challenges in the kitchen. I want to pick a recipe that scares me and take a risk and try it out! I want to step out of my comfort zone, experiment with new spices and foods and gain more confidence.
5. Try New Things- Last year I ran in a 10K for the first time, this year I would love to do some other new things that I didn't think I could do. Maybe try a new sport or take up a new hobby! Hey, I've already kinda started with blogging. Let's see what else I can do!
6. Go on More Date Nights- My husband and I are always making date nights, but this year I want to strive for more. We don't have kids and I think we should fully take advantage of that....take more road trips and more crazy adventures together! I can't wait to start planning.
7. Indulge in Yoga & Meditation - I have seen and heard the benefits from many, but yet I haven't explored the yoga and meditation route. I mean I sometimes I do yoga with my students and they love it. I would like to make it more of a routine for me to reflect on myself. I am looking forward to working on things from within. This is great website to start learning the basics : http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/meditation/
8. Live in the Present and Not in the Future; Enjoy Each Moment- I want to stop focusing on what will happen in the future and what I should plan for next. I want to start enjoying the day I am living. I find myself always looking toward what will happen next and I forget to stop and smell the roses. It's something that I know I can control and I just need to focus on what is happening at the moment.
9. Better Myself- I want to better myself in many ways. I want to better myself with my exercise, my health, my knowledge and my professional career. I want to make myself a better human being all around. I want to keep learning everyday by reading new articles about education and health and reaching my full potential. I know I can do this because I have a positive outlook and I surround myself with people who challenge me.
10. Explore Technology- I think I have already started doing this with my blog!!! My husband and I are looking into Apple TV which I will have to learn how to use if we do end up purchasing it and possibly an i-pad too. I know that technology is where the world is going and I would like to continue my knowledge while exploring technology.
11. Have fun- Life is very stressful at times and I just want to remember to have fun! Always have fun. I will continue to go through life with a smile on my face because that is how I want to approach everything that comes my way.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment