Saturday, April 16, 2011

Scrapbooking Idea

I can't take credit for this cute idea; I have to hand it off to Cami Schaumberg. Our friend Gina is getting married April 16, 2011. As a gift to Gina from all her friends and family her maid of honor came up with the idea to have everyone make a scrapbook page for Gina. It could be front and/or back and it could be about anything. It could range from memories about childhood to crazy drunken college days or to her new life with her soon to be husband Blake.

I chose to recap our history together. I met Gina right after hurricane Wilma in 2006. We lived together as roommates and became instant friends. As she moved on with her life, we still kept our friendship and to this day we see each other about once a week. She is my only other friend from Kansas down here and we love to get together to watch KU games, Chief's games and talk Kansas talk!

I love putting together photos for scrapbook pages so this was the perfect activity for me. Michael's Arts & Crafts has a wonderful variety of stickers and paper to add sparkle to your page. You can also find some unique little things at the dollar store as well. I used fun scissors and backed the paper with colored construction paper to give it some pizazz.

Below is the poem that was emailed to us about Gina:

             Our friend we know and love so dear
Has met a man who's handsome and loves beer
We never thought this day would come,
When Gina would become a wife, and soon a mum

And now it's time for us to make,
A special book; Gina's own keepsake
Of special times, from her single day,
Childhood, college and living by the bay

So gather your memories for our bride to be,
And make a pretty page for us all to see
Include photos of great times, even drunk ones will do,
Notes, quotes, and stories are fun to add, too

And just so you know, this will be a surprise,
Don't spill the beans or you'll see your demise
At her bridal luncheon, we'll present this wonderful book


Here is the page I made for Gina:

Front
Back
If you are a maid of honor and want a cute idea! I think this would be really fun. Email me with any questions.


2 comments:

  1. I've done this before for a girlfriend's wedding and it's SO fun- her reaction was priceless! :) I'm thinking of doing it for my best friend when she gets married this fall.

    I love the little poem too- so cute!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! It is so fun. She loved it and it is a great keepsake. You should def. do it for your friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete