Saturday, April 9, 2011

I love my Nails!!!

Yes, I am addicted to manicures and pedicures. I am seriously addicted.

It all started when I moved to Florida and my fingers and toes were exposed 12 months a year. There was no wearing gloves in the winter or closed toe shoes when it got cold. So, I now have been addicted to the bi-monthly habit. I love bright colors in the summer and dark hues in the winter.

I recently fell in love with the gel manicures that keep for two weeks without chipping. I've done acrylic years ago and solar nails for my wedding. I've seem to have tried everything. The problem with nails and teaching is that I use my hands a lot. I am constantly painting, using clay, gluing, using modge podge, cooking, etc. My poor manicures hardly last, but as you can see it's an addiction so I keep going back to the salon. Same goes for my feet; I mean they seem to last longer, but I tend to get my toes trampled on by my little students.

Long story short I will continue to always get manicures and pedicures, but I have found something fun to do with my nails at home too! It is Sally Hansen Salon Effects (you can purchase it at Walgreen's or CVS). They also sell something similar at Sephora. It costs about $10 and you get 16 strips. They are nail polish strips that you put on your nails with no drying time and lasts 10 days. They come in all different colors.

Here is the website to see all the colors they come in and read comments from other people that have tried it!

http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/salon-effects-real-nail-polish-strips


Sally Hansen Red-y for Trouble

I have had a lot of people compliment my nail polish color and I had to tell them it wasn't nail polish it was nail polish strips by Sally Hansen!

No comments:

Post a Comment