Monday, April 18, 2011

Passover in Pajamas

Our first Passover (Pesach) as a married couple took place in our own living room in pajamas!! It was just how we both wanted it to be, comfortable and relaxed. The wonderful thing about our new marriage is that we also are beginning to make our own traditions. Dave was raised Catholic. We feel so lucky that we get the best of both religions, and so we celebrate a little of everything (it is so wonderful). Tonight was the first night of Passover and so we had our own little Seder. Passover is a Jewish holiday that remembers the freedom and exodus of the Jewish slaves (Israelites) from Egypt during Pharaoh's power. The holiday lasts eight days and families gather together to retell the story of Passover through the reading of the Haggadah. The Seder is the main part of the Passover celebration because it includes songs, foods and customs. Dave and I did just that tonight. I kept our little Seder very simple considering I didn't have time to cook all day because I was at work and since we just got back in town yesterday. I made matzo ball soup, charoset, hard boiled eggs, green beans, chicken and matzo. We skipped dessert because we were stuffed, but we also have macaroons to enjoy during the week!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment