Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cell Phones Do Everything

What would we do without cell phones?? It is crazy how dependent we have become on these tiny little devices. I can remember my first phone in high school. It was the size of a brick and it was the weight of a brick. I remember I had "face plates" to change the color, but I always liked the turquoise the best. I kept it in my car and only had it for emergency use only and I really never used it. Then I went on to college and I got a little smaller phone. I changed my number to an Arizona area code so that my new friends in AZ could call me. It was unheard of to really call long distance on cell phones at the time and if you did it was so expensive. I had a plan that allowed me to only have so many minutes. I remember always going over that plan and my Mom would make me pay for the extra minutes I racked up. By the time I left college, I had free weekend minutes and calling long distance was very common. I moved to Florida and used my cell phone for all my calls. Once my husband and I moved into our condo we didn't even consider getting a house phone because we could use our phone to make calls and let people in our gated community through the cell phone. Even now our home alarm system is connected through our cell. Eventually smart phones came out and you could check your email, send photos, use social networking sites, download apps, etc. Everyone seems to text each other now and if you have a question someone will just pull out their phone and say "Let's Google it." It is amazing how technology has changed in my lifetime and it will be very interesting to see what is in store for us next!

Picture Perfect Cell Phone Shots

Sending a photo off to my Mom to let her know it was beach day

Photo of a new hair color to my friend


Letting Dave know that I was on my way home

What would we do without cell phones???????????????????


No comments:

Post a Comment