We spent the weekend with my in-laws up in Ormond Beach!
We love going up to Ormond because it is a change of pace. The life style up in Ormond is quiet, relaxing, less traffic, less people, golf, empty beaches, bike riding, and lots of nature! Dave and I love leaving our crazy stressful life to go visit family and just chill.
Saturday morning the boys golfed and the girls shopped and grabbed lunch-it was really nice. In the afternoon, I decided to take a two hour nap and a read my book that I can't put down, "The Help". The four of us then went out for happy hour and dinner. We came home early and enjoyed a chocolate birthday cake.
Sunday I got up and ran 4 miles while the boys played golf. When we all gathered together again we went up to the Club house and grabbed brunch. Then Dave, Kathy and I went and got manis/pedis. We finished off the weekend with some more comfy couch time and then Dave and I hit the road for the 3.5 hour drive south.
Now Amy, if you keep posting about all of your beach trips I am going to have to come down there and yell at you! We had 70 degree weather here this weekend and the high today is 35! So jealous of all your excursions!
ReplyDeleteOh, there are so many things that I miss about Kansas....family and friends (so I am totally jealous that you have that). I have to say the weather and being able to take beach trips all the time does make it easier!!!
ReplyDelete