Saturday, June 2, 2012

Here we go again....


I took a total hiatus from the blogging thing! Can’t believe it has been a year since I’ve been on here.

Here I go at it again…..

I finished up my last year teaching Junior Kindergarten. I can’t believe I have already taught three years of Junior Kindergarten. Leaving Junior Kindergarten is bittersweet. I am leaving behind my teaching partner and my team. We have been through our ups and downs and have grown stronger over the years and so it is always hard to say good-bye.  I am actually moving up in the world and skipping kindergarten all together (well, I guess I did teach it for 4 years a few moons ago).  I have graduated onto first grade. I can’t wait for this new adventure. I know it will be a lot of work teaching a new grade with a new curriculum, but I couldn’t be more excited. Every once in a while you need to spice it up a bit.

Now that it is summer, I have my eyes set on many things!! I am obsessed with Pinterest. So, I decided that once school got out I would try to take some of the ideas and tips I saw on Pinterest and incorporate them in my home. I will be breaking out the creative side. I want to clean, clean, clean!!! I actually already started this the day school got out!  It’s funny how many teachers can’t wait to kick up their feet and relax with a book or a cool beverage as soon as we leave school. Not me!! I am a strange bird- I ran home to change into scrubs and literally took my fridge apart. I have cleaned every inch of my kitchen. I then continued to move on to other rooms of the house. It is such an accomplishment once you are done. As well as a cleaning, I will be organizing too. It is total therapy for me! Another must is focusing on my health. I am going to be doing Yoga again and Boot Camp. I also want to engage in a cleanse and detox. Any advice in this area is totally welcome!!! I have some appointments I am booking for massages, facials and acupuncture. I want to take a sewing class since it has been so long since I have sewed (like middle school – Home Ec 101). I need a major refresher course. Dave and I are going to be traveling to Marco Island, Florida to celebrate our two year anniversary! We are going to engage in some water activities, sunbathing and relaxing!  I have my mind set to do a “Turtle Walk” this summer on the beach. It is where you go out at night with an organized group and watch the baby sea turtles hatch and find their way back to the ocean. I can’t even imagine what a miracle this would be to see in person. One thing that I am counting down the days ‘till is visiting my new baby niece in North Carolina. I will be going out at the end of July for six days!!! This will be a great time for me to get one on one time with my nephew and give my sister-in-law a little break. We already have plans to go to the pool, bike ride, Monkey Joes, etc. In between all these fun activities I will be tutoring seven kids ages 6-11!! I am really looking forward to keeping them on track this summer using fun educational activities and games. I hope to find time to pick up a few fun reads, cook some good homemade meals and escape to the beach.

 Well, off to shower and dinner with friends! Tomorrow I am running a 5K and then headed to a good-bye brunch for a girlfriend and hosting a Supper Club at night. This summer is off to a busy start and I LOVE It!

No comments:

Post a Comment