Well, I decided at 5pm yesterday to attempt to clean out the pantry. It has been driving me crazy since we moved in our condo 7 years ago. The space is soooo small. Last summer I thought maybe I would have California Closets come out and help transform it to something more user friendly. Well, I found out that they really couldn't do much with the space we had. So, this summer I was on a mission to reorganize it to make it more visually appealing as well as accessible. I am so happy with my outcome. I used some inspiration from pinterest and got to work. I started by taking everything out of the pantry. I then did some research and went online and read that you should really not store pantry food products more than two to four months and with that being said I did a lot of pitching and through away tons of food. I think I filled two full trash bags of garbage and two full trash bags of recycling. Then I hit up Walmart. I found BPA free plastic containers to store all my baking essentials for a great price. I read that storing dried foods in heavy plastic, screw-top glass or metal containers is the best in keeping pantry pests out. I really wanted to buy glass containers, but I had trouble finding them and I realized that one day when we have little ones running around in the kitchen that shatterproof plastic would probably be the best option. After moving what I had left over into containers, I cleaned out the shelves and put down duck non-adhesive white solid grip shelf liner. Finally, I put everything back on the shelves and then headed to the computer. I made my own kitchen labels, printed them off and stuck them on all the containers.....ahhhh. By this time it was about 11pm. Finally I felt accomplished. Take a look at the before and after photos.
This is the BEFORE photo...total disaster!
Cleaning out the closet
The big mess
The AFTER photo
Organization
Labels
Oh and while I was at it, I picked up a glass jar and marbles from the dollar store to organize my make-up brushes too! This little project took under two minutes. I was inspired again by pinterest. I had the glittery stickers at home to add to the look!
Get your brush on

No comments:
Post a Comment