Well, it has been quite some time since my last post. The end of the school year craziness always gets me. No matter how much I anticipate the stress and try to eliminate the work, it never ceases to amaze me that I am always left with a huge amount of stuff to do! After school got out for the summer on June 3rd, Dave and I wasted no time and headed off for two weeks to Europe! It was a memorable adventure. We started out in Italy, a place that neither of us had traveled too. We explored Rome inside and out and fell in love with the history of the city and all the ruins. We then headed south to Naples. We discovered our best meals here; the pizza and gelato where exquisite on our palates. We ventured off to Capri, Positano and the Amalfi Coast for day trips. The beauty in this part of the world was breathtaking. We then flew over to Nice, France. I loved the Flower Market and one day we even bought fruits, veggies, and the fixings for sandwiches (fresh bread, prosciutto, and cheese) and took a picnic to the beach. We also got to see a bit of the Italian Riviera. We finished our stay in Monaco, a magnificent fairy tale country. It was the most amazing trip and first wedding anniversary.
We returned back to the states where I jumped back into tutoring, enrolling in a yoga class, joining Zumba with some of my colleagues and scrapbooking. Before I knew it, it was July and we were off to spend Fourth of July in Raleigh, North Carolina. We spent this long weekend with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law as well as the cutest nephew, Roark. We had so much fun going off to a festival, hanging at the pool and just having some nice family time.
Now, it is the end of July and I am off to my last trip of the summer. I am headed back to Kansas to visit family, friends and attend my 10 year high school reunion. When I get back, I will only have a few short weeks before school will begin. August will be a busy month, I'm helping to throw a bridal shower and we have a handful of friends coming to visit. I am excited to get back into blogging. I am not sure when I will start back up with my Wardrobe Wednesdays again, but I promise to try to post one soon!
North Carolina Pictures Below
No comments:
Post a Comment